An environmentally responsible event
Here at Gestev, we have earned a reputation for organizing and managing events in a responsible and sustainable way. We are committed to minimizing our environmental footprint while boosting the socioeconomic benefits of the events we host. We adhere to the strictest BNQ standards for responsible event management and set the bar high according to the latest and greatest developments in the industry at home and abroad.
We work creatively and dynamically with our event partners to plan, put into practice and promote environmental initiatives that enable us to join forces in a greener, more socially responsible way.
Joining forces in a greener, more socially responsible way.
Our sustainable development action plan is supported by Cascades.
Our sustainable development policy is the key to our success in ensuring we meet our collaborative commitment to minimize any negative environmental impacts of our events. As an integral part of this commitment Gestev pledges to embrace the following six overarching ecological initiatives.
MANAGING RESIDUAL MATERIALS
- Recycling Clif Bar wrappers
- Using porcelain dishes for volunteer and employee meals
- Managing waste generated by Nespresso brand activation responsibly
- Setting up waste sorting stations in all athlete trailers
- Encouraging sponsors to provide eco-responsible products
- Implementing a six-track system to manage residual materials onsite
MANAGING FOOD AND OTHER MATERIALS
- Reducing food waste
- Eliminating single-use promotional materials
REDUCING GREENHOUSE GAS EMISSIONS
- Transportation : Volunteers will be given city bus tickets. Accommodation for most participants will be provided within walking distance of the event site in order to limit the need for shuttles. Rapid charging stations will be made available near the event site. Conference calls will be held to reduce travel for members of the organizing committee.
EMBRACING SOCIAL ENGAGEMENT
- Delivering free Iniski cross-country ski taster sessions for ages 4 and over
- Hosting the Coop Mini World Cup for ages 5–12
- Donating food leftovers
- Contributing to social reintegration programs for volunteers
RAISING AWARENESS AND IMPROVING COMMUNICATION
- Creating a poster campaign around waste sorting
- Showing a promotional video
- Posting on Instagram and Facebook
- Publishing a post-event sustainable development report
In 2020, you can make a difference!
- Use sustainable methods of transportation to get to the event (walk, take the bus, carpool, bike)
- Offset your greenhouse gas emissions here
- Sort any residual materials you need to get rid of (recycling, garbage, compost)
Coming to Quebec City by car? Don’t drive alone! Keep things free and easy by posting your trip on ridesharing site Amigo Express!
This online and mobile ride-sharing platform is a simple, effective solution. Amigo Express connects drivers and passengers across Quebec and the rest of Canada to promote an affordable, environmentally responsible and safe way to travel.