An environmentally responsible event
The 2019 FIS Cross-Country World Cup Finals have been certified as a Level 2 event under the BNQ 9700-253 standard for responsible event management.
Our GESTEVERT sustainable development policy plays a key part in everything we do. It embodies our commitment to thinking, doing and promoting things in a greener, more socially responsible way, and it’s making us all work together more creatively and dynamically.
Did you know we had so many green initiatives?
- Green team on the event site to help sort residual materials and log greenhouse gas emissions
- 5-tier waste sorting system (garbage, recycling, compost, hazardous materials, construction materials)
- Amateur cross-country competitions
- Cross-country skiing taster classes for young people ages 7–12
- And much more!
You can make a difference!
- Use sustainable methods of transportation to get to the event (walk, take the bus, carpool, bike)
- Offset your greenhouse gas emissions here
- Sort any residual materials you need to get rid of (recycling, garbage, compost)
Coming to Quebec City by car? Don’t drive alone! Keep things free and easy by posting your trip on ridesharing site Amigo Express! (add link as soon as available… page not yet created)
This online and mobile ride-sharing platform is a simple, effective solution. Amigo Express connects drivers and passengers across Quebec and the rest of Canada to promote an affordable, environmentally responsible and safe way to travel.